How many searches did you make last weekend? How many have you already done today? Or are you still searching? How many more are you going to make? You’ve already wasted more time than you intended to. So when is enough going to be enough?
Never imagined you’d become so obsessed with searching for the next big thing. What makes you ceaselessly search for that video, picture, music, a movie, or new You Tuber sensation to satisfy your social or emotional needs? Maybe you’ve been doing this so long you can’t remember life without it. Sad isn’t it?
Unfortunately, you’re not alone. Millions upon millions spend hundreds of hours searching for the next big thing.
Here’s some number on how bad it is;
- Every second 28,258 users are watching pornography on the internet
- Every second $3,075.64 is spent on pornography on the internet
- Every second 372 people are typing the word “adult” into search engines
- 40 million American people regularly visit porn sites
- 35% of all internet downloads are related to pornography
- 25% of all search engine queries are related to pornography, or about 68 million search queries a day
- One-third of porn viewers are women
- Search engines get 116,000 queries every day pertaining to child pornography
- 5 billion emails sent or received every day contain porn
- Every 39 minutes a new pornography video is being created in the United States
The societal costs of pornography are staggering. The financial cost to business productivity in the U.S. alone is estimated at $16.9 billion annually.
The human toll, particularly among our youth and in our families, is far greater. According to a recent report by the American Psychological Association revealed that pornography hurts adults, children, couples, families, and society. Among adolescents, pornography hinders the development of a healthy sexuality, and among adults, it distorts sexual attitudes and social realities. In families, pornography use leads to marital dissatisfaction, infidelity, separation, and divorce.”
Pornography’s destructive influence on the family and marriages:
- According to the National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Families, 2010, 47% of families in the United States reported that pornography is a problem in their home.
- Pornography use increases the marital infidelity rate by more than 300%
- 40 percent of “sex addicts” lose their spouses, 58 percent suffer considerable financial losses, and about a third lose their jobs.
- 68% of divorce cases involve one party meeting a new paramour over the internet while 56% involve one party having an “obsessive interest” in pornographic websites.
So the question that begs to be asked is: “If pornography is so pleasurable, why is it causing so much devastation in the lives of men like you. How is creating so much destruction to families, children, young people, and business?
This is the illusion of pornography. Initially and briefly it may have been pleasurable. But now it’s ruling and ruining your life. Maybe it time you click for help you break free from porn. Contact me; I’ll be glad to help you get started.
I hope today’s blog has encouraged you. Make sure you sign up to receive blogs posted every Tuesday and Thursday. TransformingFamilies.org resources are designed to guide you through the restoration process of developing your heart, mind, and strength, enabling you to become the man God created you to be.
I also provide one-on-one coaching, if you want to improve your relationships, let’s connect through e-mail at ‘email@example.com’. My hope for you is that through these blogs, references, and resources, God will transform you from being bruised or broken to an abundantly blessed man.