In my previous blog, I shared that authentic, healthy intimacy is comprised of the following virtues which include; closeness, privacy, affection, acceptance, and openness. Moreover, all of these components must be active and alive to experience healthy intimacy. They are inseparable; each one depends upon the other. This is the key to what healthy intimacy is.
In today’s blog, we’ll discuss the different and diverse ways of expressing and receiving authentic, healthy intimacy.
Like most men, you haven’t understood how healthy intimacy can influence every aspect of your life. As we unpack intimacy’s influence, you’ll discover the wealth of untapped insights that can significantly improve your closest relationships.
Healthy intimacy is expressed and received in the following ways:
- Emotional Intimacy: This may seem intuitive, but healthy emotional intimacy is not just strong feelings. Healthy emotional intimacy is expressing emotion both verbally and through your consistent actions. Actions speak louder than words. Therefore a hug, holding hands, walking arm in arm, or just a hand on a shoulder says more than any amount of words. However, these actions need to be consistent day in, day out, and not only when you want to have sex.
- Intellectual Intimacy: Healthy intellectual intimacy is shared by intentionally exploring scholarly activities together. It’s developed by discovering a passion for shared learning about a variety of topics such as art, gardening, history, music, nature, science, crafts, a foreign language, ancient culture, etc. Intentionally reserving time to explore healthy intellectual intimacy will deepen your relationships in ways that can’t be described only discovered.
- Social Intimacy: Healthy social intimacy is developed by purposely reaching out together to enjoy the companionship of others. Healthy social intimacy may require learning to be more outgoing. Social intimacy may mean getting out of your comfort zone. So go slow, social intimacy like anything else can be learned and nurtured. Social intimacy includes intentionally becoming more actively involved in your generational family, new friendships, or with your faith community.
- Spiritual Intimacy: Healthy spiritual intimacy is expressed by sharing all things spiritual such as your faith, and beliefs. This will mean developing a more in-depth spiritual approach to life together. Alternatively, by working together to define your family’s moral compass based upon your shared beliefs. Having a shared moral compass provides a foundation of beliefs that your family can strive to live by.
- Physical Intimacy: Healthy physical intimacy is more than physical contact between two people. It’s purposely pursuing share activities and occasions that are pleasurable to all your senses; sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. This may involve having bodily contact with a loved one such a holding hand. However, should also include outside activities like feeling the mist of a waterfall, the light of a campfire, or witnessing the warmth of sunrise. Discovering healthy physical intimacy can be one of the most enjoyable adventures if shared intimacy when you include all five senses. The possibilities are endless.
If you work together to nurture these different and diverse of expressing healthy intimacy your relationship will begin to thrive. As you do, barriers will be demolished, and healthy intimacy will become your new normal.
I hope today’s blog has encouraged you. Make sure you sign up to receive blogs posted every Tuesday and Thursday. TransformingFamilies.org resources are designed to guide you through the restoration process of developing your heart, mind, and strength, enabling you to become the man or woman God created you to be.
I also provide one-on-one coaching, if you want to improve your relationships, let’s connect through e-mail at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. My hope for you is that through these blogs, references, and resources, God will transform you from being bruised or broken to an abundantly blessed child of God.
Rescuing the Rogue: Forging Intimate Relationships that Last
“Rogue” is uniquely designed to transform relationships for men like you by eliminating relational barriers and intimacy ignorance that causes you to feel sexually dependent, isolated, or lonely. What you discover in Rogue will restore an authentic intimacy that will equip you to forge intimate relationships that last a lifetime.
For more information check out our website; https://transformingfamilies.org/rescuing-the-rogue/
0 comments on “Expressing and Receiving Authentic Healthy Intimacy”